Wootton and St Helen Without Parish Councils have been developing a joint Neighbourhood Plan. A Pre-Submission plan has been created and the consultation will take place between 21st May and 2nd July 2018.
This is the local consultation on the current Draft Plan. It gives residents and other local organisations to see what future policies are being suggested for Wootton and St Helen Without Parishes and encourages residents to give their views, both positive and suggestions for improvement.
All responses must be received by Monday 2nd July 2018
Please download the following Neighbourhood Plan Pre-Submission Documents:
This document may be viewed in hard copy at the following locations:
- Wootton and Dry Sandford Community Centre.
- The Bystander Public House, Wootton.
- The Prince of Wales Public house, Shippon.
- Costcutters, Shippon.
- The Co-Op, Wootton.
- Abingdon Town Library.
If you would like copies of other supporting documents please contact the Wootton Parish Clerk using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: There will be a charge if you want a hardcopy).
If you would like to comment on our Neighbourhood Plan at this Pre-Submission stage, please either:
- by completing the feedback sheets that can be found in the locations listed above.
- Comment online using the form below.
- Post your comments in writing to: NP Pre-Submission, Wootton Parish Clerk, 18A Mathews Way, Wootton, OX13 6JX
- Email your comments to: email@example.com
NOTE: Your comments cannot be taken into account unless your name and address are included.
What happens next?
- There will be local consultation of both residents and local businesses/organisations on the Draft Plan.
- Amendments will be made following the consultation.
- The Draft Plan is then submitted to Vale of White Horse District Council
- There then needs to be an independent examination by a Planning Inspector appointed by VWHDC.
- Once it has passed examination, the Plan is submitted to a local Referendum of Parish residents through a process managed by VWHDC.
- If final approval is received from local people in the Referendum, our Plan will form part of the VWHDC Local Development plan, and carry real legal weight in future planning decisions in the Parish.
- Should the Plan not pass the local referendum, planning applications can be decided without the weight of locally expressed and approved views – and a new Neighbourhood Plan may have to be started from scratch.
A summary of the Pre-Submission Consultation document will be delivered in June 2018 to every household and business in the two parishes. This summary document will outline the key proposals which are being proposed as the basis of the final Neighbourhood Plan.
The Pre-Submission Consultation runs until Monday 2nd July 2018 after which the Steering Group, together with the parish councils, will review each comment made and amend the Draft Plan where they feel it would be improved.